Dataram’s Standard Return Policy for Refund
As part of Dataram's ongoing transformation, the company is reviewing all policies and procedures to ensure they meet current requirements, effectively mitigate risks, and align with best practices. As such, Dataram has updated its specific return policies that apply to specific product types. This policy supersedes all prior specific return agreements.
DATARAM recognizes that sometimes customers' wants and needs change and they may need to return a purchase. DATARAM would be pleased to assist you with a return for refund of many of our products within 30 calendar days. Availability for refund is determined at DATARAM’s sole discretion.
DATARAM acknowledges that our customers are busy people and extends our customers a full 30 days from the original invoice date to contact us and obtain an RMA. DATARAM accepts all product returns mailed within 30 days from the original invoice date that have a valid RMA number and contain all original components.
- Orders cancelled after processing (order has been placed, invoiced and/or shipped) AND unopened items are subject to a 5% restocking fee. This excludes custom and bulk orders. Refused shipments are subject to return freight charges.
- Opened items are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
All refunds processed will be based on the following:
- Goods received complete WITHIN 15 days of the original invoice date will receive a refund minus all applicable restocking fees (as noted above) of the invoiced purchase price.
- Goods received complete AFTER 15 days, but WITHIN 30 days of the original invoice date will receive the lesser of either the current selling price on the day the item is delivered to our warehouse or the price originally as invoiced.
Partial order returns on orders that were extended a shipping or other promotional discount will proportionally have such a discounts deducted from the refund.
All authorized refunds will be refunded via the method of payment originally billed and DATARAM will process all refunds within 48 hours of receipt of returned goods. Please note that all refunds are subject to the financial institutions' processing timelines. DATARAM is happy to answer any questions regarding our portion of the refund processing. You may need to contact your financial institution for more details.
Freight is non-refundable. The customer is always responsible for safe return of goods and selecting proper return shipping insurance.
For Defective/DOA items (within 15 days of purchase) we may, at our option, cover shipping back to DATARAM for customers in the Continental US.
Items returned incomplete and/or not in original condition may be subject to additional fees, or returned to the customer as non-refundable.
We are not able to offer refunds for clearance items, NCNR (non cancellable, non-returnable) items, used products, or software. Restrictions apply to returns on special/custom orders and bulk orders. Please contact a DATARAM Sales Representative for additional details.
All product returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). You may obtain an RMA number by contacting DATARAM Customer Service within 30 days of the original invoice date through methods provided.
DATARAM's goal is to make the return process simple, hassle-free and speedy. To ensure that our customers receive such service, DATARAM kindly asks that all items shipped back follow these RMA guidelines:
Products that are not eligible for return and will be sent back to you at your own expense if received by us include:
- Any product not purchased from DATARAM;
- Any product without a valid, readable serial number, including but not limited to products with missing, damaged, altered, or otherwise unreadable serial number;
- Any product missing parts and/or components;
- Any product from which the UPC code has been removed from its packaging;
- Any product that exhibits physical damage; OR
- Any product for which you have submitted a mail-in rebate.
Please ensure that all returns received by DATARAM:
- Contain all of the original components accompanying the product;
- Have the RMA # clearly marked on the outside of the returned packaging; AND
- Have the original invoice inside the returned packaging.