Steps for Investigating a Memory Problem
If you have a problem following a server memory upgrade with a memory product from Dataram:
- Ensure that all AC power has been removed from the system during the memory upgrade.
- Review Dataram’s installation guide and the system manufacturer’s technical manual for memory configuration rules.
- Re-seat all memory modules that have been handled or newly installed during the upgrade process.
- Confirm that the latest revision level of the system firmware (BIOS) is installed.
- If so equipped, check if any of the memory module fault lamps (LEDs) are illuminated.
- Review the “error log” or “event log” for possible clues to the location of any suspect module.
- Move the suspect memory module to another physical DIMM location and observe whether the fault follows the module.
- Replace the suspect module with a known good replacement memory module.
- Contact Dataram Customer Support for assistance.